Monday, March 06, 2006

Lazy Sunday

Not having seen any of the nominated pictures for the major Oscar categories, it seemed kind of silly for me to spend 3+ hours of my life rooting for movies I've never even seen. Yes, Jon Stewart was hosting, so you knew there would be funny snippets during the show. But figured that anything worthwhile would be immediately available on the Internet for later viewing (which they are). Plus, I figured everyone and their mother would cover it anyway.

I did happen to tune in to the Will Ferrell and Steve Carell piece, which was pretty funny. And I did make notice of Salma Hayek's, uhhh, outfit. Did anyone see the peek-a-boo strap and gathered bodice on her blue Versace gown? Holy shit! Here it is again:



Wow.

Other than that, I also saw what was obviously an inebriated Jack Nicholson slur the winner of the best picture award. Nice work, Jack.

What I didn't see was Scarlett Johansson. I didn't watch the red carpet arrivals, so don't know if attended the Academy Awards and have been unable to locate a picture of her there. So as a public service, I managed to locate one of her from a prior awards show, which I will pretend is from last night:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pop renaissance said...

salma and scarlett...jesus christ, i need a cigarette. and i stopped smoking cigarettes 8 years ago.

David James said...

nothing like the salma/scarlett duo to start the week out right, esp. in the absence of any actual original content. happy monday!

pop renaissance said...

have you seen salma in "frieda"? the scene where she gets her body cast off... **SHIVER**

David James said...

i've heard positive things about it but haven't seen it. the uni-brow is a bit of a turnoff, but i know i need to watch it for that and the scene involving the josephine baker character.

btw, could salma get a larger boob job? good lord, she looks like she's about to topple over these days.