Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Frankly My Dear, I Do Give a Damn

"I'm not asking you to forgive me. I'll never understand or forgive myself. And if a bullet gets me, so help me, I'll laugh at myself for being an idiot. There's one thing I do know... and that is that I love you, Scarlett. In spite of you and me and the whole silly world going to pieces around us, I love you. Because we're alike. Bad lots, both of us. Selfish and shrewd. But able to look things in the eyes as we call them by their right names."

Rhett Butler, Gone With The Wind

For my readers (other than Pop Renaissance) who are sick of Scarlett Johansson, I promise that this is the last one of the week:



God, I wish I knew how to quit you.

15 comments:

Smartypants said...

She's gorgeous.

I love watching her in movies.

I understand.

DerekB said...

I have no words for this entry.

David James said...

Ummm, how about "I'm going to find a way to get her to go on a road trip with us to Cleveland next month." That would be nice.

pop renaissance said...

i am her willing slave. i see "lost in translation" in my future tonight.

David James said...

i think i need to start a different blog just for the scarlett photos or just email them to you. i keep getting distracted and forget to actually type up new content.

pop renaissance said...

why oh why can't a scarlett sex tape show up on the market?

either that or a smartypants sex tape, one or the other. both would be christmas and birthday rolled into one.

David James said...

if any such a sex tape surfaced, you and i would be consumed with jealousy.

and if, for some god-awful reason, r. kelly or scott stapp or some other fuckwit were also in the video, it would send us over the edge and we would go into a blind rage and likely kill someone.

so really, it's just nature's way of keeping us sane and out of jail.

David James said...

that being said, if you come across a copy of either let me know.

pop renaissance said...

okay, i've got the happy medium - a scarlett-on-smartypants sex tape.

NOW we're cookin' with gas.

David James said...

hmmm. i just checked netflix -- it's not there. sigh.

DerekB said...

Damn, this is so sad I just shed a tiny tear..wow, make that two. It's not like she is a hot guy or something good like that.

David James said...

she's not krista either, so you should be able to appreciate that.

Anonymous said...

whatever happened to Jessica?

David James said...

don't worry ms. alba, you are definitely in the rotation. i just didn't have a recent, gratuitous photo of you to post (that oscar outfit you wore wasn't that flattering). i will keep my eyes peeled though....

David James said...

her face did look a little thinner, but i thought it was the angle.

pop -- cancel my scarlett sex tape order. i want a refund.