Thursday, May 04, 2006

Here We Go Again

A 63-year-old British hospital consultant is set to become one of the world's oldest mothers after undergoing fertility treatment, the Italian doctor who treated her said on Thursday.

Patricia Rashbrook, a child psychologist from Lewes, East Sussex, was given in vitro fertilization treatment last October, her doctor Severino Antinori told Reuters. He said Rashbrook, whom he last saw in November, was "perfect" for the treatment, because although she was 62 at the time, she had a biological age of about 45.

"She came here with her husband, the couple love each other, she is very slim, blonde and in perfect condition, she fits all the criteria for maternity. She should live for at least 20 to 25 years -- we are not giving birth to an orphan," he said.

I contrast the above mother-to-be (who looks great for her age), with a 62-year-old California woman who gave birth in February to her 12th child.

Compare and contrast the photos.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why do you keep torturing us with that hideous picture of Jabba the Hut? I just got it out of my head from the last post. Actually I think the "real' Jabba is cuter. Goulet!

David James said...

I'm sorry, but I had to do the comparison. Besides, the ghost woman cracks me up.

Ghoul-et!