Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Great Quote

Sorry I've been out of pocket, but I just got back from my sister's wedding (write up to follow) and I'm buried at work. But I couldn't resist the urge to post this fantastic quote that delivered by the Rev. Brent Randall Regnart, who offered the invocation at the start of the a Republican fundraiser event which was headlined by Vice President Dick Cheney.

"Lord, tonight is all about raising money."

Well put, Reverend. I really wish I had the full text of the prayer, which I'm surprised did not begin with "The Lord is our ATM, we shall not want ..."

What I am surprised is that anyone actually thinks that praying to God for money (or praying for sports acumen or thanking god for winning your Grammy) actually gets you anything. I mean, seriously, is God going to answer the prayer by forcing otherwise free-willed individuals to donate more money than they otherwise would so some Republican fuckwit can potentially get elected to the House of Representatives? I didn't realize that God leaned to the right politically, but Dennis Miller surprised me, too.

"Lord, today is all about my company's stock price."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jesus, please rotate Daddy's tires and please make that old lady love me again......oh, and another Ketel One on the rocks.

Anonymous said...

Ay Pluto!!! Ay Dios Mio!!!