Thursday, May 11, 2006

God Help Us All

President Bush suggested Wednesday that he’d like to see his family’s White House legacy continue, perhaps with his younger brother Jeb as the chief executive. The president said Florida Gov. Jeb Bush is well-suited for another office and would make “a great president. I would like to see Jeb run at some point in time, but I have no idea if that’s his intention or not,” Bush said in an interview with Florida reporters.

The president said he had “pushed him fairly hard about what he intends to do,” but the younger Bush has not said. “I have no idea what he’s going to do. I’ve asked him that question myself. I truly don’t think he knows,” Bush said.

Which of course means he is planning on running.

Fuck.

Honestly, if this doesn't mobilize (i.e., scare the shit out of) Americans and Democrats, specifically, I'm going to officially give up on this country and move to the moon. Yes, that's right, the moon. Where they don't have some fucked up belief that the Bushes are some sort of goddamned sovereign family that was born to run our government.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, there has been some redistricting on the moon. Trent Lott will be filling the newly created House seat representing the Sea of Tranquility....Sorry, dude, the moons a Red planet, just like Mars (look, I know that the moon's not a planet but the joke dies if I have to go into explaining the differences among celestial bodies)

Anonymous said...

I second your motion to move to the moon. Perhaps we could be neighbors.

David James said...

My favorite planet is the sun.