Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Bloody Saturday

It being rugby season now, it was only a matter of time before I suffered my latest serious rugby injury. Sure, I had the bruised kidney the other week that left me relatively immobile, but that was boring. Chicks don’t dig kidney bruises. But, they tell me, chicks dig scars. Which is great news since I am now the proud owner of a lovely cut above my right eye which took 10 stitches to close. Yes, boys and girls, David James has suffered yet another gash to his dome. So much for my sunglasses modeling career. Ahhh, my old Denver rugby team would be proud, as we won every game that I bled in (although my local team lost this weekend).

Unfortunately for you masochists (and you know who you are), I don’t have any photos of the injury. Sorry about that. I do have some pics of the 34 stitch job I got last year, but they’re a wee bit graphic to post. Not to worry, though, this one is not as bad as the old Harry Potter-esque one.

Thanks again for the concerns of my teammates and friends. I'll be fine. See you at practice tonight.

6 comments:

David James said...

It's not that bad. I only got one cringing look from a co-worker today .... which, as I think about it, isn't saying much because there are only 3 of us in the office today.

I need to find the charger on my digital camera so I can take a picture of it while my eye is still swollen and halfway shut.

DerekB said...

Dude, post a picture and I'll be your best friend!!!

Anonymous said...

I busted a nut last night - my wife has the pictures if you want to see them.

David James said...

Derek - my digital camera is dead right now but I'll see if I can get a picture before the stitches come out tomorrow.

Anonymous - is it a picture of your busted nut? If so, you should post it on www.ratemybustednut.com.

pop renaissance said...

you are not a true rugby player until you've lost half of yer front teeth, and smile constantly regardless.

David James said...

I still have all my teeth, thanks mostly to due to an industrial strength mouthpiece. I think you see a lot of hockey players with jack-o-lantern smiles.