Friday, June 02, 2006

A Quick Note

I will continue with the next installment Celebrity Wellness Week, but I need to make my own wellness confession. I am insane.

I went to the semi-annual Canterbury rugby warehouse sale where you get fantastic stuff for really cheap. I went there to pick up some stuff for a few buddies that couldn't make it, while intending to get some studs for my current rugby boots (i.e., cleats), which are still in decent shape, and perhaps some clothing.

And then I got there and started looking at all the new rugby boots and started chatting with the guy running the sale ... and before you know it, I bought three (!) different pairs of rugby boots: a new pair for games, a molded pair for hard surfaces and another lightweight pair for training.

Now I spent less than $100 on all three pairs -- which is a steal -- but I went in there telling myself "Don't get seduced by the boots. You're in your late thirties and not going to play forever. You don't need new boots."

And somehow I walked out with not one, but three pairs.

I am insane.

In this instance, it's not you, it's me.

1 comment:

DerekB said...

I always knew it was you.