Tuesday, June 13, 2006

High Five

Okay, enough with the silly photos. On to the silly video clips.

I had heard they were coming out with a full length film featuring Borat, presumably as a sequel of sorts to the inspirational film "Ali G Indahouse," which I think was nominated for a total of four Acadamy Awards. I still think it was royally screwed over by "Chicago," but what's done is done.

Anyway, I've watched the the trailer below for "Borat" and I have to tell you I have mixed feelings. I love Borat and never get tired of seeing his 5-7 minute scketches on the Ali G show. But I'm not sure that how well this will translate over a 90 minute film, especially after having watched the below clip which I would best describe as "underwhelming."



That looks not so great. But I expect that it will get better once he gets into what I am sure will be a non-stop parade of jokes at the expense of the stupid and narrow-minded.

Case in point, this videoclip from the Ali G show of some unknowing Southern Republican who's running for Congress, who enlists the "help" of Borat to go door-to-door and meet with voters.



Favorite quote: "He will be powerful like Stalin and not tolerate people who are bad. ... If you do not vote for him, he will take power... and you will be sorry." But even better is the guy's reaction, which can best be described as horrified.

Here's hoping that the Borat skit translates into a better movie than "It's Pat".

No comments: