Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Mea Culpa

My apologies, kiddos. I know that I've been positively derelict in my duty to post original content recently. I have just been inundated with work, travel, etc. so I thought would give a quick rundown of some of the highlights (and lowlights) over the past few weeks:

* I had to dust off the ol' suit in order to go to 2 weddings in the past month. One was for my sister and one for my ex, both of which were lovely events. The only lowlight from the two events was that my sister's wedding was held in San Luis Obispo the one day that they got an inch and a half of rain ... and both the ceremony and reception were outside. Hello typhoon. The rain was so heavy that it soaked my suit and the dye in the suit bled through to my dress shirt, which is now also dyed. And ruined. I've never heard of this before.

* Below is a picture of my sister and her husband making the best of it all during their first dance. It should be noted that by this time she had changed out of her soaking wedding dress in order to avoid ruining it, and into what she basically wore over to the wedding site.

* To answer your question, no there were no suitable photos of me taken. I look like a drenched cat in each one. Sorry.

* Note to Kate -- better make it an indoor wedding or be prepared to offer umbrellas as wedding favors.

* Exy's wedding was nice, too, although I could have used a couple more glasses of sangria. Oh well, at least Olivia looked cute:

* Brian (my son) got his first visit from the tooth fairy, as he had 2 of his baby teeth removed by the dentist since his permanent teeth were coming in. I wasn't sure what the going rate was and he was expecting coins, so hopefully $1 per tooth was okay. Shit, I don't know. If that's way off, let me know.

* While driving this past week in the Bay Area, I noticed two atrocious vanity plates. First was a woman driving a Mercedes with the plate "BLNGGRL" which I presume is short for "Bling Girl" but which might as well be "MATERIALISTICWHORE."

The second was guy driving a Nissan 300ZX with leather side mirror protectors and the plate "SP9DOC" and blasting A Ha's "Take On Me." What a moron. I wouldn't let him adjust my spine with Jessica Alba's hands.

* I went to the gym last night and noticed a guy with THICK ASS hair on his shoulders. It looked like bark. Coincidentally, I had a dream that a Sasquatch was working out in my gym. Odd.

* Rugby practice is tonight, so I'll finally be able to break in one of the three new pair of boots that I recently bought. I should be shot.

Okay, that's about it for now. Hope everyone is doing well.

No comments: