Monday, June 19, 2006

It Could Be Worse

For anyone that's worked for a law firm before -- and especially if you've worked for a large firm - you can appreciate this website: Anonymous Law Firm. (And I know some of you reading have worked for a law firm, so read on.)

They might have changed the faces and names, but the people at the firm are still entirely recognizable. The office mascots are great but what does it for me are the glum office quotes:

"I've always wanted to work in an office filled with smart people -- to bounce ideas back and forth, brainstorm solutions to tough problems, and feel like we were all on the same team. Oh well."

"I wanted to find a place where I could set my own schedule, make my own hours, and wouldn't need to constantly check in as long as my work was getting done. Sometimes we make sacrifices for the good of our careers."

"The interviews were fun, comparatively speaking. I got to meet lawyers at the firm I haven't seen since. It's a great chance to network."

"I love the subsidized gym membership. It would be really frustrating to know I was paying full price for something I never use, but since I'm only paying half, it's not so bad."

I actually got depressed reading some of the content, which made me appreciate my own job for about 13 minutes. Then I got some call from some ass-clown who wanted his amendment drafted 12 minutes ago.

It's not me, it's you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Voltaire Crittenbaum looks exactly like Ted Bundy....

Anonymous said...

I like this one:
Worst Experience at the Firm
"Definitely the bratwurst. What? That's not what you meant? What? Talk louder."

Goulet!

David James said...

That is some funny shit. I think I worked for one of the attorneys at Q.

Large!