Thursday, April 27, 2006

I Swear I'm Not a Contestant

Clear your calendars! The 2006 "United States Air Guitar Championships" will be coming to San Francisco on May 11. I swear to god, it's true.

Check out some of the video clips from the "Hall of Fame" (or should that be "Hall of Shame?") and tell me if you don't find yourself mouthing the words "holy shit." Seriously, I would rather have my parents barge in on me masturbating than see me do this ridiculous air guitar shit (I refuse to use the word "perform."). Why not just call it "Virgin Geek of the Year" and be done with it?

Pop, I really, REALLY hope that this wasn't the big, secret music show you were talking about. Please say it ain't so.

3 comments:

pop renaissance said...

oh dear GOD - NO IT IS NOT.

i cannae watch shite like that. i actually experience physical pain when i watch people embarrass themselves. like karaoke - watching people sing karaoke is like being beaten with a 5 pound sack of potatoes. this, i assume, would be far, far worse.

Anonymous said...

they sell air guitars on ebay - it comes w/ an empty case. I guess there's a market for it, after all.

David James said...

Oh, you have to watch the video clips. They're awesome. These people actually believe they have musical talent. They take it so seriously, it's hilarious.