Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Self-Loathing, Thy Name Is James West

The mayor of Spokane was recalled in a special election after allegations surfaced that he used a city computer to visit gay chat rooms and offered internships and other favors to young men he hoped to have sex with. James E. West, a former Boy Scout executive (hmmmm), was elected mayor in 2003 after serving more than two decades as a conservative Republican in the state Legislature, where he voted against gay-friendly legislation.

I honestly couldn't care less about his orientation and any annoyance I might have about his "you rub my back, I'll scratch your front" internship program is far outweighed by the contempt I have for this asshole. Jesus Christ, it's 2005 for crying out loud. Stop the denial and self-loathing, accept yourself, and move on, for fuck's sake.

The only good thing is that he's provided yet another shining example of how hypocritically fucked up the conservative right is in this country. Not that we needed it mind you, but it's always a welcome reminder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you won't grant me anymore "favors"?