Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Haven't I Heard This One Before?

A Republican lawmaker from Pennsylvania was recently convicted of a felony for making his legislative staff do political campaign work on state time.

The felony conviction of conflict of interest means that state Rep. Jeff Habay, a 6-term Republican from Allegheny County, will lose his state pension and could be removed from office by the Legislature. He also could face punishment ranging from probation to 15 months in prison, prosecutors said.

Honestly, this shit just writes itself.

Nice to see that the felony conviction "could" result in the loss of his job. Funny, but I have to believe that my employer would drop me like a hot rock if I were convicted of a felony. Of course, they would likely can me for posting this blog during work time, but that's beside the point.

But let's assume for a moment that Jeff gets the maximum penalty and goes to prison (I can dream, can't I?). Can you imagine the looks on the faces of his cellmates when he announces that he's been sent to the big house for conflict of interest? You can bet that at the end of that 15 month stay that his ass is going to look like a wizard's sleeve from all the abuse he'll receive. Oh well.

No comments: