Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Why I Need a New Job

In the ongoing series I like to call "Why I Need a New Job' (a/k/a "Why I Need to Get a Restraining Order Against My Insane Boss") I submit to you this actual quote from the other day:

"I think of you often on the weekends, more often than I should. I'm just worried I'm going to get the call some day that you were injured playing rugby and you're in a body cast."

Sweet lord in heaven, what person (other than a spouse or parent) would actually utter those words to another person? Not surprisingly, I was totally stopped dead in my tracks and caught without a witty response. I think I muttered something to the effect of "Uhh, thanks for the concern. I'm okay." But inside my head, I'm more like the Ving Rames character from "Pulp Fiction" -- I am pretty fucking far from okay.

Ahh, let the nightmare continue ....

(And yes Virginia, there is an ongoing job search)

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your boss is a dude, right?

Anonymous said...

Your boss asked me to pass this note on to you:

"I can turn the grey sky blue,
I can make it rain whenever I want it to,
I can build a castle from a single grain of sand,
I can make a ship sail on dry land,
But my life is incomplete and I'm so blue,
Cause I can't get next to you,
Can't get next to you"

Or something to that effect.....

Unknown said...

speaking of this, your email just bounced...