Monday, January 07, 2008

Blog Hard

Happy belated Monday, boys and girls. I hope everyone had a good weekend; mine was low key filled with rugrats, rugby and recovery from said rugby game. Sadly, there are no photos from the game but let's just say I found mud in places I never knew existing. 'Nuff said.

Sunday was low key, mostly spending last night job searching and worrying that I may not be able to find a new job. I got close to landing a job I *really* wanted last summer and was somewhat stunned when I was unceremoniously dropped from consideration. I was pretty down about it and ended up halting my search, in part because I was bummed out over the rejection. Five months of the Bipolar Bear, though, has a funny way of motivating one to get the hell out. So what I'm worried about now is not just the rejection -- it's the fear of not being able to find anything interesting and new and, thus, being stuck at my current job in perpetuity. I will seriously depressed if I'm still there come April. Keep your fingers crossed, kiddos.

As an aside, congratulations to "OK Let Me Just Say This" for being recognized as having one of the best gay blogs in 2007. Congrats again Derek, just remember the little folks when you become the next Perez Hilton (just less annoying).

And in related news, "It's Not Me, It's You" was recently recognized as one of the top Scarlett Johansson-obsession related blogs out there. Excuse me while I pat myself on the back.

2 comments:

DerekB said...

That's not your back that you are patting.

David James said...

You of all people should know by now that I don't "pat" and tell.