Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Techical Difficulties

For some reason, this free website is giving me difficulties as I try to post some photos. I guess you get what you pay for. Oh well, so much for today's visual humor.

Today's "News of the Disgusting" is brought to you by my favorite 24 Hour Fitness gym. No, not the one in San Francisco that brought you the tofu hot dog story. Rather it's the one in Oakland that brought you this post as well as this rant. Just so everyone's clear on which freak show scene I'm talking about.

To set the scene, I go to wash my hands after using the restroom (as everyone should do, although not everyone follows this simple rule for some disgusting reason). Anyway, they don't have paper towels - ironically for sanitation reasons -- but instead have those adjustable hot air blowers that you dry your hands under. As I turn to go dry off my hands, I look over and see that some dude has turned the air blower upside down (i.e., aiming straight up) and is using it to dry off his package! He literally has his scrotum and wiener resting on the hot air blower as it's going full steam.

It reminded me of the old Mr. Bean videoclip:



My first thought was "what the fuck are you doing? Do you realize you are in public?" My next thought was one of utter revulsion. My last thought was "this poor guy could really use a Philips Bodygroomer if he needs a high-powered hand dryer to blow dry his pubic hair."

Fast forward five days later and I noticed that there was another guy with his head covered with a towel. He had his towel-covered head buried in the same upside-down hand dryer, attempting to dry his hair. At least it was on his head. But I didn't have the heart to tell him that one man's makeshift hair dryer is another man's testicle drying machine.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gross! I don't like your gym. Icky icky.

Anonymous said...

Bobby and Bean = seperated at birth

They are even dating the same hand/man bits/hair dryer.

David James said...

Moon Martini - I don't like my gym very much either, but it's like a train wreck every time I go there. You can't help but stare at the spectacle of it all.

Anonymous - I hope there's a video of that as well, so I can add it here.

Smartypants said...

I wonder if I'm just not very observant and miss some of these absurdities or if you have a very special brand of luck.

Anonymous said...

I love 24 hour fitness. Its like you get to work-out and go to a third world circus. The best are the gyms with swimming pools.

David James said...

It really is. This weekend I saw what looked like a homeless guy working out while holding a bag of McDonalds and a half-empty quart of milk. Bizarre.