Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Here Come The Judge (Part II)


So I'm reading excerpts of Harriet Miers' Supreme Court questionnaire and I must say it's a fascinating read. And by fascination read, I mean "boring waste of time." Honestly, she seems as interesting as a yawning festival. But, she is the next right-wing freak to be nominated to the Supreme Court, so I guess it's incumbent upon me to learn at least something about the Texas attorney with the shrunken apple head appearance.

In perusing her responses, I noticed the following interesting tidbit:

"Earlier this year, I received notice that my dues for the District of Columbia were delinquent and as a result my ability to practice law in D.C. had been temporarily suspended. I immediately sent the dues to remedy the delinquency. The non-payment was not intentioned, and I corrected the situation upon receiving the letter."

Look, I don't really mind the fact that her license to practice law was suspended in Washington D.C. for failing to pay bar dues . I can empathize with your empty bank account, Harry - my funds are usually tight at the end of the month and I've been known to utilize the overdraft protection on my checking account. Rather, I am far more offended and shocked by her atrocious grammar.

"The non-payment was not intentioned ..."

What the fuck? Is it too much to ask that our next Associate Supreme Court Justice be able to compose a simple sentence? And I don't even want to think about how many trained editors actually reviewed this piece o' work prior to its submission. Lord knows I'm no Bill Shakesepeare, but then again I’m not up for Supreme Court nomination. Which is a bad thing, because I think the job would be pretty scrumtralescent.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Harry's poor grammar isn't all that surprising given her current (former?) employer's grasp of the English language. Plus she's from Texas. 'nough said. Speaking of TX, a warrant was just issued in that state for Tom Delay. Can't WAIT to see that mugshot.

David James said...

I saw that about DeLay. I would actually pay money to watch the video of him being hauled in wearing handcuffs. And trust me, I'm checking the Smoking Gun every few hours searching for his mugshot.