Thursday, March 29, 2007

Most. Painful. Video. Ever.


-

It's usually painful to watch middle-aged white folks rap or emulate anything having to do with hip-hop culture. This video clip is no different. It's taken from the recent Radio and Television Correspondents Dinner where Karl Rove and a group of other clowns rap, dance and beat box to their little right-wing hearts' content.

Good god where do you begin when analyzing this clip? I honestly don't know what was the most appalling -- there are so many choices:

* Karl Rove warbling "MC Rove!" repeatedly in his horrible, robotic voice. He sounded like Darth Vader after years of smoking unfiltered Marlboros. I'm a grown man, but I doubt I'll sleep soundly tonight after hearing it.

* The beatbox "scratching" by comedian Colin Mochrie (whoever the hell that is) which sounds like a screeching wail of a monkey. At one point, I swear it sounded like people were making random jungle type noises. Awful.

* I cannot even comment about the "dancing" other than to say I would have preferred to have been born blind than having watched it. Twice.

Still, I think my favorite part has to be the token black guy that was assigned to dance in the back (but not talk) in order to legitimize the whole skit. I'm surprised that they didn't ask him to play the spoons. Certainly a proud moment in his life.

Okay, I'm going to go throw up now. Have a nice afternoon.