Monday, May 21, 2007

Clown Hired To Cheer Up Monkeys



A German zoo has hired a clown to stop its monkeys getting bored. Zoo bosses got local entertainer Christina Peter, 45, to act the fool after vets said the chimps, baboons, gorillas and orangutans in zoo cages were more often sick or aggressive when they grew bored.

Christina said she keeps the animals amused by making games and puzzles for them, using footballs, plastic bags, cardboard boxes or blocks of wood among other things. She said, "When I was young I would go to a zoo and see animals and a lot of them looked bored and that made me feel very sad. Doing this makes me feel good because I am making their lives as comfortable as possible. And they seem to be enjoying it. They go wild when they see me coming because they know they're going to have some fun."

And this article, ladies and gentlemen, perfectly summarizes my current job. I am the clown for all the tech monkeys, except substitute "contracts" for "footballs, plastic bags, cardboard boxes and blocks of wood." But it's really the same concept.

No comments: