Thursday, May 10, 2007

Cat Fancy

My co-workers at my old company used to play a prank on you if you left your office/cube with your computer unlocked. Basically, you would come back to find that your home page on your Internet browser had been changed to some horrible, not-safe-for-work website. The main purpose of the joke was to reiterate a basic corporate security policy of never leaving your computer unlocked. I admit that doesn't justify changing someone's homepage to some horribly graphic website, but I never said that the practice was terribly mature.

Anyway, on my visit to St. Louis I made the mistake of leaving my laptop unlocked and as luck would have it, one of my co-workers (who was the repeated subject of this practice at our old company) changed my home page unbeknownst to me. I didn't learn about it until I was just about to leave when broke down and admitted it to me, mostly so he could see my reaction.

With little time to spare before my cab picked me up to take me to the airport, I fired up Mozilla Firefox expecting to launch some awful website featuring frolicking nude men.

So imagine my surprise when I discovered that my homepage had been changed to Catfancy.com.



Not only did he change it during the 3.4 minutes I was away from my computer, but that fucker changed my home page to something that was entirely unexpected and 100% benign. Well done, B-Hug.

I should note that I still haven't changed it back to the original home page I had before. Now while I will admit that there is something soothing about looking at this photo every day and there are some very interesting cat articles ("Extra Sensory Cats - Could your cat's uncanny sense of your whereabouts be related to ESP? Click here to see how you can test your cat for ESP."), I must admit that sheer laziness probably has a huge part to do with my interia. Big surprise there, I know.

No comments: