Friday, November 16, 2007

It Just Keeps Getting Better

I'm back from STL, having survived one of the more difficult trips to be on. Quick highlights - sitting right behind my boss on a broken down bus with exposed wiring and spewing diesel into the seating compartment .... a 14 hour work da ..., uhh, retreat day on Monday ... inedible food ... fun team building events such as a scavenger hunt, where the prize was a granola bar and a Snickers (seriously). God, I don't ever want to go back.

I'm back home but am now dealing with my boss leaving my insane voicemail messages which merely consist of a series of names:

Boss: "David, [insert his first and last name]."

That's it, he says my first name and then his full name (like my skin doesn't automatically crawl when I hear his voice). No greeting, no subject matter, no "please call me back." Just "David, [first and last name]." Fucking annoying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind us why you work there?

David James said...

The job itself isn't bad -- the work is manageable, I work from home, and I get a decent wage. That being said, my boss has some, uhhh, "issues" so I'll start looking in the spring after reviews and bonuses (if any) are handed out. March can't come soon enough.