Sunday, February 11, 2007

Come 'N Get 'Er!

To the left is a photo of deep fryer. And below is Monday's cafeteria menu for my company, which is headquartered in Shit Louis, MO. Please note the heavy emphasis on foods utilizing the pictured deep fryer:




"February 12th-16th, 2006

GUEST CHEF MONDAY-DONNA’S DEEP FRYER

Country Fried Hamburgers
Country Fried Banana and P-Nut Butter Sandwiches
Deep Fried Catfish (Farm Raised)
Fried Veggie Wraps
French Fries
Fried Okra
Fried Mushrooms
Fried Pickles

ALSO!!! Fried Cookies and Twinkies!!!"


Uhhh, is anyone else noticing a trend here? Yes people, every goddamned food item is deep fried. What the fuck?! I thought that the restaurant I frequented once in STL that sold deep fried cheescake was the exception, not the grotesquely unhealthy norm. Jesus Christ, would it have killed them to sell the pickles, cookies and Twinkies as is?

As an aside, did these backwoods people ever learn how to spell the word "peanut"? What kind of country-ebonics is the word "P-Nut"? I don't know if it's stupidity or laziness, but it's ridiculous either way.

Ugh, I keep thinking about the menu and I'm beginning to feel seriously queasy. I was beginning to think it was just my sensitive stomach and then I found the below t-shirt and realized that it's not me, it's them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ew.

Anonymous said...

Yummy! Country fried blog! Full of grease and fat!