Monday, January 08, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The "Good" - we won our first rugby match of the season, beating the Marin Reds 11-7. It's a great feeling to win the first league game of our 8 game season, esp. since we weren't so great last year. We have a game this weekend against another good team before we play the Division 3 USA rugby national champion the following weekend.

The "Bad" - somehow my face managed to awkwardly collide with some 300 lb. guy's fist/forearm/paw when he went to high tackle me. Gosh, I am so clumsy sometimes! I managed to bust up my mouth pretty good so, suffice it to say, my lip balm modeling career might be on hold for a bit.

The "Ugly" - because Derek will certainly insist on seeing a photo of said injury, well here you go. My daughter summed it up nicely when she said "Daddy, it looks a little bit ... worse today."

Thank you dear child. You have to love the refreshing honesty of children.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Since censorship is alive and well at INMIY - let me rephrase: the wound looks even more fantastic in person.

Congratulations on the win.

Smartypants said...

Oh God. = (

How did you not hurt the inside of your mouth, too?

Ouch.

DerekB said...

Wow, thats a good one!!!!! I enjoy your injuries so much (I think I need therapy). Thanks for the picture.

PS It doesn't look like herpes at all....Honest.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! sorry to say & sorry for the injury, but very gross!

mdhatter said...

a little ice, a little neosporin, and back out there laddie!!!

also, this is why we wear mouth guards.