Thursday, October 12, 2006

I'm Not Just the President, I'm Also a Member


Rosemary: Is that a Member's Only jacket?
Mauricio: Yes.
Rosemary: So what are you, the last member?


Gwyneth Paltrow and Jason Alexandar, "Shallow Hal"


I saw a man on the ferry this morning wearing a very similar jacket to this classic "Members Only" to this one.

And then upon closer inspection, it turned out that he was wearing an imitation Members Only jacket.

Holy shit. I didn't realize that it was an exclusive club. In my mind I imagined leaning over and saying "you know, it pays to be a member," and then I started to giggle.

Yes Viriginia, I am an asshole.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm confused - last time you were in town you said "I want to see your member, only" Were you talking about a jacket?

Smartypants said...

Now that everyone is going back to the 80's in the fashion world, I wouldn't be surprised if they're back in a year or two. Ack.

David James said...

Mark my words -pegged pants will be coming back. Brace yourself for it people.